Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 9 Theme


She laid in her bed listening to the soft sounds of his voice echo through the phone.  How could she have not noticed such an amazing guy before now? Listening to him talk about all of his favorite things like she had been every night for the past week made her wonder about the other girl. “When are you going to end it with her?”
“I can’t tell her yet, I swore I’d never do this to her, it’ll crush her.” He said.
“It’s crushing me too, you know.”
“I know.”


His house smelled like freshly cut pine wood. Everything was so neat and tidy it was pretty strange to hr. She had never been in a house so nice before. “I can give you a tour if you’d like?”
“That’d be nice.” She said. He walked her up the stairs and into all the different bedrooms. His house was so beautiful. She could feel the tension start to build as they headed down stairs to his bedroom. As he pushed open the door to his bedroom she felt a slight twinge of nervousness deep in her belly. As soon as they stood in the bedroom he grabbed her hand and pulled her in close to him. Her entire body lit up with excitement.


She sat at her desk in class twitching nervously. She waited anxiously for her phone to buzz in her pocket. Buzz Buzz. She read the text in her head with sheer excitement. “So what do you want to do tonight?” She quickly responded, “IDC its up 2 u.” She stared at the whiteboard hardly listening to what her English teacher was rambling about. She was too focused on what he was going to suggest that they do that night. Buzz Buzz. “Well, I’ve got an idea of something that we could do…”

2 comments:

  1. "She stared at the whiteboard hardly listening to what her English teacher was rambling about."

    I knew there was a reason I never ever use a whiteboard. I do, however, sometimes ramble. You're the first student I've ever heard of who was thinking in English class about something other than pronouns and prepositions. Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These three vignettes work very nicely--no need for detail or connecting material. We get it! (Just hope you haven't landed a Crusher!)

    ReplyDelete