Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 13 Prompt

66.

His hand touched mine, I felt the electricity surge through my body. Such a simple gesture created so much emotion, so much passion. It was as if nothing else mattered and I was here alone with him. As I felt his skin on mine I wondered how it could get any better, how such a spark could be ignited again. His arm grazed mine and the spark was back. He pulled me in close to him with his hand on the small of my back. The feeling of skin, so soft and smooth made me close my eyes and enjoy the moment. I knew the more times he did it, the less spark there would be each time. I could feel the muscles deep in my stomach tighten up as he moved his hand down to my leg.

Why does the body evoke such a passion for other people? Why do we feel as though we need others to fulfill a void in ourselves? Psychology says in order to have a full feeling of self achievement we need love in our lives. Why can't we provide ourselves with love instead of relying on others? Why can't I touch my own hand and feel the same spark that someone else created?

1 comment:

  1. I know what psychology says, but the deeper truths IMO are what biology says--procreation requires two to tango--and what sociology says--we are pack animals and, love aside, have to be around people to be complete.

    ReplyDelete