Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 12 Prompt

It was a hot, humid summer day in the small town of Dexter. We were all packing up our bags for the weekend trip to Old Orchard Beach.  I was packing my clothes going through my checklist. bathing suit, shorts, tops, flip flops. Everything was there. We all packed into the car and set off. On the way down we stopped at Ors Island to visit my mom's friend. He is a lobsterman and gave us a huge pot full of live crabs. We kept on driving and finally got to Old Orchard. This was the first time that I can remember being there. The last time I had gone I was too young to remember. We all got out of the car and unpacked our things into our little cottage. I shared a room with Kirstie and Christina, my mom stayed with her boyfriend in a different cottage. Matt, Brandon and Christina's mom, Kim all shared another room to themselves. 

We headed off to the beach and enjoyed the hot sun. I laid in the sand for hours and burnt my skin to a crisp. I was starting to look like those cooked crabs post bath time. I managed to pull myself out of the sand and head over to the amusement park. I sat with Christina on the ride and almost threw up all over her. We headed out to do some shopping after and then headed back to the cottage.

When we got back, the night finally began. My mom and Kim got really drunk and were acting like fools, so us kids decided to go to the pool for some night swimming. We met a guy there who was a real creep. He managed to get my sisters number then sent nude pictures of his shlong to her that night. We decided to get out of the pool at that point. When we went back into the cottage Kim was so drunk she was falling all over the place. I was laughing so hard because it was hilarious to me. Christina was so mad that she started screaming. After about ten minutes of yelling and me being in hysterical laughter, Kim busted out the door. She was staggering around the cottages and falling all over the place. She finally stopped at a huge fountain. She pulled her pants down and peed right in the fountain. I never laughed so hard in my life! Christina who was enraged, ripped the pan of cold crab water off the stove stormed out into the front yard and doused her mom in crab water! It was the funniest thing in the world. Kim got dragged back into the cottage and was thrown into the bathtub. We washed her off and put her to bed. The manager never found out about Kim's little incident and we never went back there again.

1 comment:

  1. Good god almighty, what a scene! Great details, and I have to confess I'm laughing out loud here and reading the choicest bits of this to my wife to brighten up her day.

    ReplyDelete