Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 10 Prompt

#47

"You can not wear green pants and a green shirt! You will look like a pea!" My mom thinks she knows best, but me, being 4 years old, I know best. I suppose I will listen to her this time. We piled up in the car and headed out to the circus. I was so excited to see my favorite clown, Bo Bo. When we finally arrived my parents had laid down the law to me, I am to stay with them only. Do not let go of Matt's stroller at anytime and if I was to get lost, find a clown. Who do they think I am? We were making our way through the circus, weaving in and out of hundreds of people. I spotted one of my favorite clowns and he was giving out balloons! "Look Mommy, look!" When I looked up to grab my mom, she was no where to be found.

"Alright Danielle, can you help me out?" Bo Bo said.
"Y-yes, sir." I stammered back.
"I need you to hold this cord up nice and high so I can call for your mommy over the loudspeaker to come get you." I held the cord up as high as I could, excited to be helping, but nervous that I was never going to find my mom again. I could hear Bo Bo announcing over the loudspeaker for my mom. He called her name three times and we waited. I sat there scared as could be waiting for my mom to show up. After about ten minutes my mom rushed through the door and ripped me into her arms. "Mommy, mommy!" I yelled.
"I was so worried about you! Thank you Bo Bo so much for helping my daughter!" My mom said.
"My pleasure!" Bo Bo bent over and handed me a picture of himself that was signed. I was on cloud 9.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, you little rascal, you didn't listen!

    Cute story, I'm smiling--and getting a smile from an audience is a worthy goal!

    Smart of Bo Bo to give you a little task so you felt like you were doing something important--imagine if you hadn't held the cord high enough, you'd have had to run away with the circus! You might be a trapeze artiste! Or maybe a rare lady clown--you could have been Ba Ba the Clown and done an act with Bo Bo!

    ReplyDelete