Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 9 Prompt


#40
I left school early that day to go to my house and make sure everything was tip-top shape. Everything had to be perfect about this night. Mom was gone to work the night shift, Matt was at a friends and Kirstie was with her boyfriend. I could feel the nervousness starting to prick away at my stomach. Don’t be nervous, he’s not going to judge you.

Everything was perfect. Exactly the way that I wanted it to be. He was happy, so was I. I got out of bed and walked to the fridge. I got myself a glass of water and went back to my bedroom. He was laying there sleeping looking so cute. He rolled over and smiled a sheepish smile at me. “Hey beautiful.”
“Hey” I said quietly.  I felt a tinge of nervousness flood through my body. I had just remembered something so important. I had forgotten to take my pill that week.

1 comment:

  1. Nooo, here I don't think you can end it like that. A reader doesn't need absolute resolution of issues raised in a piece, but those tease-y endings don't work IMO.

    ReplyDelete