Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 9 Prompt

42. 3.

The wind outside looks like little swirls of powdered sugar flying through the wind. I wonder if all of the snow will stick this time or it will be gone in a day. I wonder if Matt and his friends will want something to eat for dinner when they come back from hunting. I get up from my seat and wade across the room to the stove, turn it on and get a pan hot with some oil. I noticed my cell sitting on the counter and decided to call Matt and let him know dinner would be ready in half an hour. I unlocked my screen on my phone and saw that I had 24 missed calls, 13 new texts and 6 new voicemail's. Uh oh.

Is he going to be okay? What is going to happen? I had so many questions that were flooding my mind all at once. I can't believe that he was shot. How on Earth could he have shot himself on accident? I wanted to ask Brandon but he still seemed very shaken up. My mom sat in the corner of the waiting lobby sobbing. All I could smell was old Tums and stale coffee. This was going to be a long night. It seemed like an eternity before we even heard any news. I was staring hopelessly down the hallway when I saw the doctor enter, "Mrs. Wampler, I've got good news."


2 comments:

  1. "The wind outside looks like little swirls of powdered sugar flying through the wind."

    The snow outside, do you mean? Snow looking like powdered sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All I could smell was old Tums and stale coffee." This is sort of the opposite of snow=powdered sugar, which seems unlikely but obvious. But this sentence I couldn't have dreamed up in a million years--it's great!

    ReplyDelete