Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 11 Theme

It's raining, I run in it and splash in the puddles.
It's 5 in the morning and I'm awake, I sneak out to the barn when I was told no.
I can feel the wind hitting me as I pedal my ten speed down the street.
Snuck out again, got caught this time.
We move, I cry. I'll miss that old barn.
I blow out 7 candles.
They're fighting again.
I dial 911 and tell them to come.
Another move, this time it's smaller.
I blow out 9 candles.
She works late again, I cook dinner.
Mac and cheese is my favorite.
Mom bought a new computer, I make a MySpace.
Honey got in the trash again, this time it was the bottles.
Beer cans all over the yard. I pick them up myself.
I blow out 11 candles.
Mom isn't coming home tonight, I cook dinner.
Matt choked on his food, I helped him cough it out. 
I vacuum the carpet, wash the dishes.
Another move.

The image I was trying to portray here was growing up too fast, incase you didn't get it. I think I did this right- not sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, you did it right, did a very fine job--those candles really work, and so do the meals, all the details--they are anything but random! Really nice piece!

    Would you like to offer this one to the school literary magazine? Let me know if you would.

    ReplyDelete