Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 13 Prompt

67

I will never understand the way that some girls think. They think that violence is the answer, that fighting will solve all problems. I often wonder why I was so blessed (sarcasm) to be put in a high school with such mean people. Maybe I got lucky and it helped me understand that girls are just plain rude and to not be sucked into their issues.

I stuck up for a friend. I regret it now because of all the drama it caused. And she didn't even thank me. I told another girl to back off and stop hurting my friend. She decided to harass me and show up at my house. She brought her parents so I couldn't help but laugh. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. Her dad responded with "Got something to say to my daughter?" I bursted into a fit of laughter at the fact that this bully was having her dad fight her battles. I told them to leave and of course he didn't. It didn't take long before I was in a fit of rage. I was about to grab the door handle off my screen door that always fell off and hit them both in the face. I simply told them to leave or I'd call the police. That worked, I'm glad that I handled my anger with intelligence rather than violence.

Say no to bullying!

1 comment:

  1. That is sort of horrifyingly funny--to get Dad involved. We, your audience, would want to know what came between your fit of rage and your eventual response--how did the shift happen?

    ReplyDelete