Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 11 Prompt

#55

I look through the giant, red box. Each drawer lined with a rubber coating to prevent it's contents from slipping. On top of the rubber coating is a shiny, silver stick. My intriguing mind has no idea what it is. A wrench? A screwdriver? I have no idea. It just sits there staring back at me. I ask in his direction what it is, his head is too far under the motor to hear me. I shrug it off. Maybe this tool only has one use in mechanics, but what could it be used for elsewhere? The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting--this is a piece with three characters: I, he, and it. There is a tension between I and he (because he is too busy to listen) and between I and it (because it won't yield up its secret purpose in the universe.)

    Now that's a fine set-up! But it needs an ending that faces up to and does something with this triangular relationship. The last sentence is the writer saying she can't figure out where to go next, how to wrap this. Endings are hard!

    ReplyDelete