Thursday, September 5, 2013

Journal Entry # 2

Why do people do certain things? I feel like there are some people on this planet that just do everything in their power to gain attention. For example, the kid sitting next to me in the library is blaring his headphones. Does he really need them that loud? Is he partially deaf? Or does he just use his taste of music to gain attention from others, and the only way that anyone can hear what he is listening to is by blowing his own ear drums. It really confuses me. Maybe he is having a rough day and doesn't want to hear himself think. Or maybe he is planning on writing his own music and is using the loud, incoherent babbling that he calls lyrics as a starting point for his own style of music. I should have asked him before he left.

1 comment:

  1. I like the scene-setting here, the speculation, the framing of your annoyance in the form of questions.

    ReplyDelete