Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 3 Theme

It was a week before Christmas time in my little home. The house smelled of apple cider, the tree was lit, the snow was floating down outside like it does in the children's books. It all seemed so wonderful until my sister clicked on the QVC network.
"What the hell is this?" I said.
"What's it look like you dud it's QVC!" She stammered back at me.
"Uh, do we seriously need to watch this?"
"Well have you any other suggestions on what to get Mom for Christmas?" She sort of shouted back.
"Well I can tell you one thing, I will most definitley not be spending my hard earned money on a velvet cloth sweater. That thing looks like a rabbit took a dump on it. Soft and shitty."
"Well aren't you just a happy camper today." Suddenly as I looked outside my head started dreaming of rabbits playing in the snow and the shitty, velvet sweater didn't seem so bad after all- who am I kidding that thing was atrocious!

That's all I got-for today folks.

1 comment:

  1. "That thing looks like a rabbit took a dump on it. Soft and shitty.""

    Uh, if you give me asthma from laughing too hard, I will be sad....

    But, no, don't end by telling the reader you've run out of gas! Run out into the snow in your imagination and frolic with the velvet rabbits for a sentence or two instead. (That's not a call for a rewrite--just saying.)

    ReplyDelete