Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 2 Prompt

I grew up in an old, rickety house. One of many I might add. It was quite the scary old house. It was over 100 years old and stood three stories high. It was the oldest house in my town. I was very young but can remember everything vividly in that house; the old stair case that smelled like cellar leading up to the front door, the storage room that held my late grandparents belongings. It was a scary room that we often didn't go near. The back bedroom was also very scary- old white wallpaper was peeling off with age and creaky windows that never seemed to settle. But the scariest room of all was not one that was often entered. It was a trap door behind the pantry wall that led up to the attic. Upon opening the pantry door, one shelf had to be removed from the pantry in order to gain access to the piece of plywood that covered the small square hole. After crawling through the tiny space you were exposed to a winding stair case that led up to the scary, open attic. The legends that walked this attic gave me nightmares. An old doctor used to kill his patients up there and then hung himself from the rafters above. Another, an old witch used to practice witch craft and sacrifice small children to Satan himself and when you made it around the final corner of the stair case she was waiting there to grab you. Stories like these are what pops up in my head every time I think about this old home. My sisters even have claimed to see a ghost in there. Though, I never did I still believe them.

This is question number 7

1 comment:

  1. Awrright! Here, in this piece, you deliver! No pussyfooting! No coyness. We get the ghosts, the legends, the terror! You take us into that attic and do your best to scare the bejeepers out of us--yes!

    ReplyDelete