Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 2 Prompt

It was a cold rainy afternoon. Thoughts from the night before still haunted my memory. "Just forget about it" I'd tell myself as I choked back the tears. Why had I been so stupid? Was it because I was in love, because I was so mad or because I just don't think before I act? I couldn't answer that question fully but one thing was for sure, I knew I had screwed up. Bad. I laid there silently staring at the wall wondering when he'd call me. When he'd realize that he missed me. Then it suddenly hit me. He had already called- but it wasn't me he was calling. It was the little harlot he had been calling. "Was it true that he was only talking to her to get his mind off of me?" I wondered through tear soaked eyes. "Maybe I should tell him what I did. To clear the air and free my mind of guilt. Maybe I should let him know that I still hold unconditional love for him and that we should work past it. Or maybe I should let him go completely." These were all thoughts storming my head. As I lay there thinking that a nap might help me let go I was just about to shut my eyes and finally close off from the dark world that seemed so hopeless, I looked down at my phone and saw his name on my caller ID.


This prompt is number 5.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Then it suddenly hit me. He had already called- but it wasn't me he was calling. It was the little harlot he had been calling. "Was it true that he was only talking to her to get his mind off of me?" I wondered through tear soaked eyes. "Maybe I should tell him what I did. To clear the air and free my mind of guilt."

    It gets confusing here--not sure who did what, who needs forgiveness.

    Ordinarily with a piece that confuses like this, I'd ask for a rewrite, but my guess is that if you had wanted to be specific, you could have already, so this time, no, no rewrite.

    But you've chosen a topic where privacy issues force you to vague out on the reader!

    Better to choose a less supercharged topic or, alternatively, to decide to dish the dirt--your choice!

    ReplyDelete