Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 8 Theme

          The wind is blowing softly and quiet. I can smell the fresh lake water air breezing around my face. The hammock is rocking back and forth sturdily holding the weight of both of us. I can hear him snoring slightly in my ear as the moonlight shines down on half of his face. I can tell he's feeling better about today now that he's with me. Like the biggest loss of his sports career didn't just happen 3 hours ago and now he's blissfully unaware of the past. After all the tears its comforting being in such a serene place.
          I can hear a loon calling to it's friends far out into the middle of the water. He seems happy too. He probably is just floating around on the water with his other loon friends having a good, peaceful time . I feel the same way laying here gently rocking back and forth. Peaceful, happy.

I think I did this right- probably have to do a re-write!

1 comment:

  1. I think you did it right--it's definitely a vignette. You give us a scene and a mood and dispense with the explanation that would not fit a vignette. Naturally, Mr Teacher would like to see a big fat hefty vignette as opposed to a little skinny one--but give yourself credit for nailing this one right, first try. I certainly will--give you credit, I mean!

    ReplyDelete