Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 8 Prompt

Out in the boondocks..

        The wind is very calm and the sky is light from the huge full moon. We are driving down a windy, bumpy dirt road in the middle of nowhere. The car sounds like it's scraping on random pot holes and rocks. 5 miles down the old dirt road lies an old dirt trail. We venture down the trail with nothing but the light from the moon shining down. Huge mud puddles lay all over the trail, fresh from the afternoon rain.
          The bullfrogs start croaking louder than ever as we approach the giant rocks that surround the deep, dark lake below. The wind suddenly feels a lot colder as I look over the edge that seems so far below. My head starts to race as I think about the long plunge below me. Is it really worth it to drop all the way down there for a little adrenaline rush? As soon as I gathered my thoughts I felt the hands of my sister on my back and there I went, plunging feet first down to the deep, dark lake.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle, you have a nice feel for vignettes, judging by these first two--you get how they work and how to set them up and close them. Nice!

    ReplyDelete