Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 8 Prompt

A city street..

Boston is such a beautiful place. Old buildings, great people, TD Garden, Fenway Park, restaurants, the T, aquarium and much more. My favorite part of Boston was walking down Yawkey Way before the game. There were street performers, MC's yelling out fun things over the intercom and hundreds of fans getting pumped up for the game. Each side has store after store all the way down the road. I could hear the vendors yelling out to the fans, "Come git ya Fenway Frank! come git ya sodah and ya hot dogs! Come on ovah heyuh and git ya souvaneahs!" I laughed to myself at their silly accents and reenacted them to my boyfriend. Out of all the places in Boston I enjoyed Yawkey Way and the Red Sox game the most.

1 comment:

  1. , "Come git ya Fenway Frank! come git ya sodah and ya hot dogs! Come on ovah heyuh and git ya souvaneahs!"

    Good ear! That's a fine rendering of the Boston accent (and as a native Bostonian, I'm an expert!) and the Yawkey Way scene. I saw the game on July 4th this year and my son and daughter-in-law were at the game Papi won with the grand slam!

    ReplyDelete