Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 1, Part 1. Writer's autobiography as a writer


My mind raced as I sat looking at the blank sheet of paper in front of me. How am I going to write three pages over such a simple topic? My eyes rolled to the back of my head at the thought of actually having to pick up the pencil and start writing words on the blue lined paper.

You love to write but you have a hard time thinking of things to write about. You can sit in a chair for what seems like an eternity and still have no creative juices flowing.  Trying to think of ideas to write about really makes your blood boil. Knowing that you are timed only makes you want to scream even more.

She sat there silent in her chair watching the seconds tick away on the platter-sized clock that hung from the blinding yellow wall. She had started to ponder what she should write about after realizing her time limit was wasting away. After 10 minutes of silent arguments with herself, she decided that she would write about her future.

2 comments:

  1. Which one of these three do you think is the top one? I have a favorite that I thought was edgiest and made me smile. Tell me what you think, and I will tell you what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the third one is my top one. I have a hard time concentrating so talking about the shape of a clock and the color of a wall is something I would be thinking about rather than my essay!

    ReplyDelete